Reading Time: 4 min
Outreach Ministry Partner Prayer Requests
AUG 13, 2020
🙏 Prayer Requests 🙏
Namibia—David & Sandy
- COVID-19 in Namibia. For the first time since the pandemic started, numbers are rapidly increasing in our country and we now have community spread in Windhoek. Pray for protection, especially in underprivileged areas where it is likely to be most dangerous. Our neighborhood in Katutura has one of the highest concentrations of HIV and Tuberculosis in the world making it a very high-risk community.
- Pray for us at 3 Measures to know how to best respond to this crisis; that we might be able to provide relief where needed and have wisdom for each day. Pray for guidance for the future of 3 Measures and for our local church.
- Please pray for our country’s education system. Only grades 10-12 are currently in school, the rest have been out since March (School runs from late January through November here). This has been especially difficult as distance learning is nearly impossible for underprivileged students.
New Zealand—Randy & Miki
- Praying for Miki’s health as she is going through some tests to figure out some of her blood pressure issues. She had a good appointment yesterday so hopefully, after some more blood work things will settle down for her and the doctors will get her on the right medication.
- Praying for The Vine Community Church. The lead church planting couple Jeff & Indra Palmer felt led to leave New Zealand. So I am involved with their transition team at the church. We are praying for God to place his calling on someone who is willing and able to lead this church into the future. Also, please be praying for Jeff and Indra as they transition back to the USA and look for what is next for them.
- Praying for the work at Northlakes Christian Church in Charlestown, Australia. Australia is experiencing more lockdown than we are here in New Zealand. But we have a team at Northlakes who is working to find ways to continue to reach into the community.
Azerbaijan—Rahim & Zema
- Wisdom on how to creatively minister to people around us during the COVID-19 crisis
- Relating to that for grace and direction regarding the uncertainty the whole crisis has and continues to create. Our government has eased some of the lockdown measures starting August 5, but still, there are a lot of restrictions that make it challenging to move around
- Also for peace and stability in the country as there is some tension at the border with another country which can easily turn to an armed conflict.
- Our kids’ schooling, apart from the pandemic, we were praying about changing our oldest daughter’s school this year since it has not been a very good fit here and now we need wisdom and God’s direction/provision in that regard.
YWAM—Mark & Åsa
- Much of our ministry is predicated on us traveling to ministry locations around the world or people coming to us for training to go to the nations. COVID has meant significant changes and limitations. Pray for wisdom on how to proceed.
- I (Mark) am in the process of moving our main 12-week Business as Mission training course from face-to-face to online. This comes with both challenges and exciting opportunities. Pray that the process will go well and be completed before the end of the year.
- We have a strong sense from the Holy Spirit that new foundations are being laid that will result in new ministry initiatives. Pray that we hear clearly both the WHAT and the WHEN.
Thailand—Joni & Nangsar
- Ask God to help us tear down any strongholds that are in our lives. Just like God helped the Israelites to bring down the walls of Jericho, He can help us to demolish the strongholds that have a grip on our lives today. These strangleholds of the enemy can be compared to the lockdowns that we’ve been experiencing. Unless they are ruthlessly uprooted, we will remain hindered from living the abundant life that Jesus promised us.
- Join us in praying for Thailand’s new school year. It has been a month now since the government permitted schools to reopen throughout the country with guidelines. So far things seem to be going well.
- Lift up our daughter Rebecca who is expecting to give birth to her first child in late September. We were hoping that she and husband Luke would be able to travel from Fiji and have their baby in Thailand where we could provide better help. But international travel restrictions are still in place, limiting this possibility. Pray for God’s perfect will in this matter.
Youth for Christ—Andy
- Pray for the incarcerated and detained youth and their families. Families are not allowed to visit and the justice system is slower than ever.
- Pray for the staff in the detention facilities. They are understaffed and much overworked trying to care for the youth.
- Pray that the doors will be opened so that the 35 volunteer servants of the Lord, with Youth for Christ, can once again bring the Love and hope of the Lord to over 150 youth and the staff.
Youthful Offender System (YOS)—Sherri
- Pray that ministries that are shut down because of COVID are able to start back up.
- Pray that someone finds a cure for the COVID virus.
- Pray for everyone to love and be kind. No more fighting and no more riots with destruction.