Weekly Prayer Posts from Thailand
Holding On To Hope
December 3, 2020
Dear Friends and Loved Ones,
What answer would you give to someone who asked you about what you thought was happening in our world today? Even the most optimistic among us would have to admit that things aren’t looking that great. Viewed at from the natural, the condition of our world does look pretty grim. We can be forgiven for being at a loss for words to adequately describe our situation. Something seems to have gone terribly wrong — it wasn’t supposed to turn out this way! This line of thinking can be quite depressing — we do not want to go there!
This is why the apostle Paul encourages us to overhaul our thinking and acquire a higher perspective with which to evaluate our reality. God’s Word repeatedly declares that all of us who believe in Jesus, have been raised with Christ, and have been seated with Him in the heavenly realms, where He is seated at the right hand of God. This is the spiritual reality we now occupy. Rather than listen to what our natural senses tell us — we are to accept what our spiritual understanding informs us.
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”
“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.”
“But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions —it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus …”
As long as we have Christ, we have hope. Hope is Christ’s middle name — it is the core attribute of His being. The world may seem like it is spinning out of control, but actually, Jesus is the One who is holding it all together!
“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word …”
So let us not despair! If we look long and hard, we will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. God is faithful — He can be trusted to deliver the goods. God often seems to be late — but He always shows up on time! This has been our observation of how God operates.
Is there something in your life right now that needs God’s special attention? Take your concerns to God, and place your burdens at His feet. While God is not a personal genie, housed in a lamp to brighten up everyone’s day — He has been known to bend over backwards to grant the most whimsical of wishes to those who can bring themselves to believe.
Our world desperately needs God’s intervention. Our problems have become too big for us to solve by ourselves. We will need God, and we will need each other. Like children who sign up for a sack race — If we will hold on to each other and work together, we will be able to hop across the finishing line without any mishap.
Remember, hold on to hope — it is the attribute of God that influences our future!
Joni & Nangsar
🙏 Prayer Requests 🙏
- Please continue to pray for Thailand’s political future.
- Student demonstrations demanding overdue reforms continue to rock the country. Let’s pray that all concerned will be able to find a peaceful and acceptable resolution to this political logjam.
- Please pray that Thailand will be able to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
- There has been a spike in new Covid cases in Thailand. A number of Thai women who worked in a Casino in Myanmar returned to Thailand last week without following the quarantine protocol. They secretly snuck across the border and boarded buses back to their home provinces. They sought medical attention only when the Covid symptoms showed up. By that time they had exposed countless people to the virus.
- Needless to say, this is causing great alarm in the country, and the authorities are back to square one in the fight against the spread of this dreaded virus! There is talk that in-country travel restrictions may need to be put in place once again.
- Let us continue to pray for all those who have contracted the Covid virus.
- May God’s healing hand be upon all those who are presently ill with the Covid-19 virus. May they be granted a speedy recovery from this great ordeal.