Weekly Prayer Posts from Thailand
Seasoned with Fire and Salt
April 1, 2021
Dear Friends and Loved Ones,
“For everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt. Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace with one another.”
Jesus sums up His discourse on the disciplined life as being — Fire & Salt — 🔥 & 🧂
Jesus says everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt.
Fire not only consumes — fire also cleanses and purifies. Jesus clearly is referring here to the role of the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us to transform our lives from the inside out.
Salt not only flavors — salt also preserves and influences. it is interesting how Jesus associates salt with peace. Jesus admonishes us to “have salt in ourselves, and have peace with one another.” It is clear from this passage that salt — the flavor enhancing ingredient that God has hand-rubbed into each of His children — is the substance that God uses to work His peace into the overall fabric of human society.
Being at peace with ourselves, and with others, provides clear evidence that we are salty — we have not lost our flavor — and we possess the ability to preserve, and to influence.
These then are the missing ingredients in our world today. We are in desperate need of God’s Fire 🔥 and God’s Salt 🧂 — God’s Holy Spirit, and God’s Peace.
Where peace is missing, there salt is missing.
When salt has lost its flavor, then peace has lost its influence.
Let us allow God to do His transforming work in our hearts.
In the salt mines with you,
Joni & Nangsar
🙏 Prayer Requests 🙏
- Let us pray that the world will come to know the Prince of Peace!
- Our world is in desperate need of peace. Yet we know — that without God, every human effort to bring about peace is an exercise in futility!
- Please join us in praying for Chiang Mai’s unacceptable levels of air pollution.
- Chiang Mai has earned the distinction of being the world’s #1 worst city to be plagued with bad air quality. Thailand’s annual dry-season forest fires is what’s contributing to this problem.
- Let’s continue to lift up Burma in our prayers.
- The situation inside Burma continues to deteriorate. Some are even speculating that conditions there could lead to civil war. Let’s pray that a speedy solution can be found to the current stalemate.